Friday 14 June 2019

Te Reo Māori with Whaea Francis

Room 6 loves going to Te Reo with Whaea Francis! It is amazing to learn new information using a different language, and we always have fun when we go.

Some of the things that Whaea Francis has taught us are Matariki stars and some of the history, Te Reo and how far Māori people have come through keeping the Reo alive, and we've even used Kupu to translate our own sentences.

We have even been able to work in collaborative groups, sharing ideas and learning new information each time.

Thank you Whaea Francis for having us!





6 comments:

  1. KIA Ora My name is Jasmine i'm a year 6 student from Paparore School. I think this looked like a load of fun and very interesting to watch.But maybe next time you could add a little bit of writing underneath to explain it a bit more but anyway great post... did you find this fun? 💁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I really liked your post. In my class we do Te Reo Maori too. Maybe you could add in some Maori you did. Do you like learning Maori?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Room 6. It great to see that you are enjoying learning about Matariki and Te Reo. We used to have a lady called Whaea Lisa, that came to our school to teach us Te Reo. She made it fun, and we would play games to help us learn the Kupu. I look forward to seeing what other learning you share. ~Mrs Davan~ Paparore School.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you guys did the matariki song and how much you love to learn maori. But you's could could've tell us other maori history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my name is Iris I am a year 5 from paparore school You guys are good dancers. At my school we do this dance too!
    do you all enjoy dancing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora room six my name is Isabella and I am from Paparore school it looks like you like Te Reo maori. Well I love it.My favourite things about Maori is kapahaka , waiata and translating Inglesh in to te reo Maori.What is your favourite song in Maori ?

    ReplyDelete