Tuesday 12 February 2019

Establishing social norms in Room 6 Maths.




 Room 6 has been focussing on the different social norms that we will use to ensure that our Maths is able to run smoothly and effectively.


The different norms we came up with were:
- work as a group.
- share and acknowledge all ideas.
- justify our answers - use explanations.
- respect my group, the other groups, and the environment.


The children found that having norms like these allows each person to have a voice, and allows others that may be confused an opportunity to listen and discover new strategies. Having groups means children can share their ideas and strategies to those that may not know them, and lets the children practice their listening and talking skills. These norms can be used in a Maths setting and also in a classroom setting.

10 comments:

  1. What a great way to learn Maths Room 6. You are very smart learners spending time working these things out at the beginning of the year. You are going to have some fantastic mathematical discussions in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow glad to know you guys are all in school strategies fantastic job room six loved the brainy pics of yous keep trying and i would love to learn more about you and your school enviourment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work
    (づ。 ◕‿‿◕。) づ[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i'm Serena from Paparore School and I love doing maths. I love and agree with your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job dude (:::)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Room Six, good work. It looks cool. My name is Ryan, nice to meet you Room Six. I come from Karoro School. I like to work in a group for maths too. If I am stuck I can ask one of my group buddies to support me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kia Ora room 6. the math you looks fun. My name is Harlen, nice to meet you Room Six. I come from paparore School. I love to work in my math group as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haere mai tena kaoto katoa. Hi its me and I just looove this post. It shows me how much learning you all have stablished. I hope you ahve a great rest of the year and keep up the incredibly awesome work. Haere mai

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi i'ts me Eva from paparore Ireally like you work

    ReplyDelete