Thursday 21 February 2019

We love KiwiSport!


 
For KiwiSport this term, our class are learning the required skills for cricket. Some people in our class already knew how to play, but majority of us were learning a sport that was a bit different.

The first skill we learnt was catching. When we are catching a cricket ball, our pinky fingers and palms need to be touching. Half the class got into pairs and went with Jesse. The rest of the class went with Charlie.

The group that went with Jesse were able to practice the new skill in the partners that they chose. We also played a game with her. The aim of the game was to catch the most balls without dropping it. When the ball was dropped, we had to start again from one.

Charlie got his group to line up in two lines so they could toss the ball to one another. We had to practice the catching skill that had been taught to us. Charlie made it a little bit more fun by making them speed it up to see how fast we could do it.

We had so much fun learning new skills in KiwiSport and can't wait to see what else Charlie and Jesse have in store for us. Thank you Charlie and Jesse!





13 comments:

  1. kia ora my name is Alicia i go to paparore school.I am in Te karu i am a year six.It looked like you guys enjoyed having a amazing time doing sports.I will enjoy doing this buddy class exsperence with you room six and i hope you do to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa My name is Layton. I am a year 6 student at paparore school. I am 9 years old. I like sushi and butter chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I'm Manaia and I go to this lovely school called Paparore. I enjoyed reading this post. I like how you explained how to catch a cricket ball. I think this has nothing You need to fix. Outstanding effort. Please Reply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Room 6! I am Bailey one of your tuhi mai tuhi atu buddies from paparore. I enjoyed reading about cricket and how to catch cricket balls. I think You did lovely writing and elaborating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha my name is Iris and I go to paparore school I am one of your tuhi mai tuhi atu buddys at paparore school by the way it looks like you have a lot of fun doing kiwi sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellow Room 6 my name is Leah I am a year 6 and one of your tuhi mai tuhi atu buddes from paparore school i realy liked reading about your cricket and haw to catch crickte balls.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora my name is Eva I am a year 6 student at paparore school. I am one of you tuhi mai tuhi atu classroom buddys. I can't wait for yous to comment no your bolgs hope I can talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my name is Serena i'm from Paparore School. I love your writing about kiwi sport we do kiwi sport at my school to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia ora room 6,I really like these slides about kiwi sport.Last year my class use to do kiwi sport wit E.J

    ReplyDelete

  10. I like kiwi sport when I am in the same group as my friends

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi its me serenade i also love kiwi sports

    ReplyDelete